Supporting over 450 different part numbers, the Grove Gear SGU exemplifies the competitive edge an Autonetics system provides to your manufacturing process.
During an IMTS exhibit in partnership with ABB, Autonetics was approached by Regal Baloit with a daunting task: develop an automated gauge with the following requirements:
- Part Lengths between 2.5″ and 16″
- Part Diameters between 0.5″ and 2.75″
- Outer Diameter
- True Position
- Keyway Width
- Keyway Depth
- Support three different CNC lathes in under 30 seconds
- Provide real-time feedback to the lathes for 15 different tool offsets
- And oh by the way there are over 450 different parts
Beating the estimated lead times, Autonetics met all of the project requirements and then some: we provided a turnkey solution, integrating the gauge with the tending robot, as well as providing a part blowoff station to clean the parts prior to inspection.